Audra Furuichi is a comic creator and illustrator hailing from sunny Honolulu, Hawaii.
Although Audra has drawn for most of her life, she officially began her career in 1998 as a college cartoonist for the Ka Leo o Hawaii, the University of Hawaii student paper, with Culture SHOCK! After graduating and spending a year in Japan as an English teacher in Kyushu, she returned to work as a colorist for Antarctic Press and Udon Entertainment and a translation editor for the company that eventually became Yen Press.
In 2006, she collaborated with Scott Yoshinaga to launch her first webcomic, nemu*nemu, and a companion monthly series for the the East Oahu Sun from 2008-2011, and a second official spin-off Blue Hawaii for the Honolulu Star-Advertiser on rotating Sundays from 2012 to 2023.
Additionally, Audra has worked on the following projects:
- Date Nighto - Hustle Cat - character designer
- Namco Entertainment - Namco High - character designer
- Tapiki - Sushi Star - character designer
- Mana Comics - Mana Double Feature #2 - contributing comic artist & colorist
- Amulet: Supernova (Amulet #8) - coloring assistant
- Amulet: Waverider (Amulet #9) - coloring assistant
- Rema Chronicles: Realm of the Blue Mist - color assistant
- ATARASHII GAKKO! × NIKE - Illustration work via Wieden+Kennedy Tokyo for a TikTok filter featuring ATARASHII GAKKO! and Nike’s #NikeJuku campaign